1. Our Aims
- To provide a caring and stimulating environment for your child where they feel secure
- To acknowledge that parents are the primary educators and therefore we work closely with you to gain knowledge of your child and their experiences
- Each child is treated as an individual so we tailor the activities to enable them to reach their full potential
- To develop independence, confidence, expression and control of their emotions
- To develop basic social skills, eg sharing, turn taking and communication
- To provide a wide curriculum using a variety of planned and purposeful activities that follow the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To provide a high adult child ratio
2. Our Uniques
- Very highly qualified staff
- One to one time each week with a qualified teacher
- Early reading and phonics activities
- French and Music taught by a specialist teachers
- Large outdoor areas including a playing field, purpose built play ground and woodland area
- Lots of opportunities to cook in our large kitchen
- Lots of space both indoors and out
- Dedicated Technology area, with large interactive screen
3. Our Ethos
- The Monkey House Nursery School provides a place where pre-school children of all abilities are encouraged to develop enquiring minds, through the use of physical, intellectual and social activities in a friendly, happy and controlled environment.
- We believe that it is important to have a balance between structured activities and independent play, to ensure that children obtain the skills required for life long learning.
4. Our Location
Mapledurwell and Up Nately Village Hall
Directions: Turn off the A30 at the Hatch onto Greywell Rd signposted Mapledurwell. Continue for 1/2 mile. After passing the crossroads with Tunworth Rd on your right, the Village Hall is 100yards on the left.
Click here for map
5. Our Curriculum
Each session is structured to provide a balanced curriculum, and will include a combination of the following:
- Opportunities for group discussion during which all children are encouraged to participate
- Teacher lead focus activities to enable each child to achieve their full potential i.e. early reading, writing and number skills
- Indoor continuous provision:- playdough, paint, glue, home corner, dressing up, construction toys, small world, jigsaws, books, first computer skills etc.
- Outside continuous provision:- sand, water, sit and ride toys, balls, messy play, large mark making opportunities, imaginative play etc.
- Physical Activities:- music and movement, P.E., team games and drama
- Singing and story times
- Music time:- children are encouraged to both play and listen to music
6. Our Policies
We maintain a folder of regularly reviewed Policies, in compliance with the governments Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. These Policies can be viewed on request, please talk to any member of staff.
8. Our Uniform
We do not insist on children wearing uniform but do feel that it helps to create a sense of belonging. A range of colourful sweatshirts and polo shirts with the school logo can be ordered from our staff. To team up with these we recommend tracksuit trousers or shorts, as these are safer when using the climbing frame.
The following items are necessary:
- A pair of soft soled shoes i.e. plimsolls or slippers (without buckles or laces) for indoors.
- A pair of wellington boots or shoes for outdoor activities.
- A named drawstring shoe bag.
At the Monkey House Nursery School we admit children from the age of 2 years. We operate an all inclusion admissions policy whereby all children and families are welcome. To see our Special Educational Needs and Disability Offer please click here. Before your child’s first session you will be invited to attend a familiarisation session to enable your child to meet the staff and explore the nursery school setting. At this session there will be an opportunity for you to discuss your child’s needs, including arranging an appropriate settling-in procedure specific to your child.
Please contact us for availability and session fees. A non-refundable deposit will be required to register your child with the nursery school.
10. Child’s Progress
We operate an open door policy where parents are encouraged to discuss their child’s progress with any member of staff at any time.
We maintain a Learning Journey for each child using a secure on-line system called ‘Tapestry’. Parents can view their child’s record at any time using their own secure login password.
9. Nursery Education Grants
We are inspected by OFSTED and registered to accept nursery education grants for 3 and 4 year olds, along with Hampshire’s two year-old-funding. Please contact us for further information regarding education grants.